Who we are.
'Christadelphian' means brothers and sisters in Christ.
We meet on a regular basis to worship God and often run Bible reading groups.
If you are interested in joining us, please come along on a Sunday or contact us.
In more detail...
The community was established 150 years ago and is now world-wide (see links for a Christadelphian church near you).
The aim of the community is to follow the teachings and example of Jesus as recorded in the Bible. As a guide to our understanding of what the Bible teaches, we endeavour to read the whole Bible at least once a year. We believe only the Bible has the truth and that it teaches all we need to know for salvation through Jesus.
Very briefly these are some of the main beliefs of the Christadelphians, with a few selected Bible references in support :
1. There is only one God, He is in heaven, immortal, invisible and all powerful
(Isa. 45:5-6, 1 Tim. 6:15-16)
2. God Created all things, sustains all things and has a purpose for the earth
(Gen. 1, Num. 14:21)
3. The Bible is God’s inspired word given to mankind to guide them to himself
(2 Tim. 3:16, 2 Pet 1:20-21)
4. The Holy Spirit is the power of God bringing about His purpose in the world
(Job 33:4, Rom. 8:11)
5. Jesus is the Son of God. He is also son of man, born of the virgin Mary by God’s power
(Luke 1:35, Rom. 1:3-4)
6. Jesus overcame all temptation and then died to save his followers from sin and death
(Rom. 10:9-13, 1 Tim. 1:15-16)
7. Jesus was raised from death by God, later he ascended into heaven, but he will return!
(Acts 2:22, 1:11)
8. When Jesus returns to the earth he will raise the dead to judgement, the faithful will receive eternal life in God’s kingdom on earth
(Dan. 12:1-2, John 5:28-29)
9. Jesus will be king over Israel and over the whole earth, he will rule from Jerusalem
(Isa. 9:6-7, Zec. 14:9)
10.The followers of Jesus will be made immortal and will help him bring peace to the earth
(Mic. 4:1-5, Matt. 19:27-29)
11. The devil is not a supernatural being but is another name for sin, of which we are all guilty, sin’s power to bring death has been destroyed by the salvation through Jesus
(Matt. 15:19-20, Heb. 2:14-15)
12. Salvation involves covering our sins with the righteousness of Jesus, and so having freedom from sin and death when he returns
(Heb. 9:27-28, 1 Pet. 2:21-22)
13. The Bible teaches that when we die we cease to exist, our only hope is resurrection when Jesus returns to the earth at the time appointed by God
(Eccl. 9:5-6, Rom. 5:21)
14. A proper understanding about God’s promises through Jesus are essential
(Gal. 3:6-9, 14, 16, 26-29)
15. Repentance and baptism into Jesus through full immersion in water is the first step in a life of following his example, leading to salvation from sin and death for the individual.
(Mark 16:15-16, Rom. 6:4)
This is only a very brief outline, see other articles on site, or E-mail us with any queries or questions you may have. Literature is also available free (plus postage) on request.